It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Absenting My Better Half ... Whenever I Hear Music

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Whenever I hear music
—when time gives me the chance—
wherever I am,
I've got to dance
 
Sitting, walking, or talking
on a chair, sidewalk, or street
I am one big ball
of happy feet
 
Ethel or muddy waters
Beethoven or james brown
I get on up
or I get down
 
Dion with
or without the belmonts
my feet are
gushing fonts

But feet is just code
for my body's mother lode
(dem dancin' steps mostly
are not visibaly showed)
 
To mozart, I kowtow
with a swimming eye brow
 
For dylan, I am hip
with  silent gyrating lip
 
In the car,
all the singers
make me dance
with ten fingers
 
Be bop, doo wop, hip hop
or patsy cline
my internal dance floor
is real estate divine
 
Elvis, chuck berry, 
motown, the stones
always set me free
and I am truly 
 
***
 
PAUL- OLI- VERIO
 
 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
ABSENTING MY BETTER HALF
WHENEVER I HEAR MUSIC
is the copyrighted property
of LCSoL

This page was orchestrated
by Linda Oliverio
b. 10/11/46
d. 6/25/75

This page was approved
by her parents
 
I can clearly see
this holy trinity
dancing to
 
Thus,
my next 
BEATLES page
is  here

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

No comments:

Post a Comment