It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Almighty Metamorphosis (Comic Relief #3802)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
 
On that day,
I crumbled to the ground
 
Just like they did
on the only day in history
that will be remembered 
as a fraction:
9/11
 
Of course,
I am referring to
the World Trade Center
catastrophe on
SEPTEMBER  11, 2001
 
I was fractured
and lost my need 
for omnipotence,
omniscience, and all that
creator stuff
 
She gave me comfort
—naturally—
and I gave her
complete control
of Planet Earth
 
For twenty-years now,
I just sit on the porch
in my favorite rocking chair,
and reminisce about all
those wonderful things
we created:
the birds, and the mountains,
the sky, and the sea,
Mozart, Bette Davis, and  Willie Mays.
 
But, 
regardless of who
is hanging out
on the porch
with me,
drinking tea, cofee,
cognac, or whatever,
I tell them
about my two
favorite things,
which are
the run-on sentence,
and 
the comma
 
If she is hanging out
on the porch with me,
everyone else departs
 
That's cool and I don't ask
any questions
about her now being
in the driver's seat,
so to speak
 
We have quality time
on the porch,
of course, 
but the boudoir
aint what it used to be
    
Since Godette got 
full control 
of Planet Earth,
she's gone muck-mouthed,
cursing like a sailor,
spewing profanity
everywhere
with slang 
up the wazoo
 
She got tattoos
all over her body,
all created
by her favorite artist:
 
But she's still
as cute as a button,
to me 
 
Once she asked me
 for a 
"fondmem off the humes"
[fond memory of human beings]

I told her
at La Scala
[my favorite Opera House]

"Not that goddam shit
about
It's a Man's World"

"Well,"
I replied
"with my co-creator,
the greatest love
of my Eternal Life, 
now 
at the controls 
of Planet Earth,
I sincerely believe
it is no longer
a man's world"

Godette responded
with the same sentiment
but she did so
with pure, simple
words:
 
"Me, too"
she said

*

All I  will now say
to my gender
is
"Good luck:
know when to zip
your lip,
and, also,
 when to keep
 your hands
in your pockets"
***

 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment