It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, April 3, 2021

©©© Autobiography Of No In Particular ©©© ... Three Chapters

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

I am an early riser
and early to sleep
 
I grab sunrise
by the throat
by dawn
I am a pile of dust

they call it
an age thing

but what if you 
did the same thing
for fifty years?
 
 I stampeded the ages
created these pages
and drink a lot of milk

but she served the milk
with vienna fingers,
oreos or mallomars

always at three,
knock-kneed in the nook 
and then off to the land

always...
but that was more than 
fifty years ago

now
the milk gets guzzled
out of the gallon
jug
 
and Mrs. Me
is cheerless about
no cheerios
when their flotation devices
were godzilla'd by
the milk whore
 
shake shake shake
 
***

Chapter 2
 
The doctor said
something about millimeters

that is how close
I came to dying

"Absolutely no sweets"
if, of course,
I wanted not to cross
the millimeter fence

no mallomars, no kit kats,
no dice
because the doctor's middle name
was Jesus

and you can't defy your savior
but vienna fingers
dipped in starbucks house coffee
is not a sweet

it is a projection
of the java
and guaranteed
to not get my gut

***

Chapter 3
 
I did my share
in the covidsphere
 
residing in a covid nation,
i got my double vaccination
 
now some fears
can take a long vacation
 
covid created
for the aged,
a brand "new" scene
but they naturally knew
all about quarantine
 
what we said
to the young bud
and young bub
"Welcome to the club"
 
about the aged,
covid caused no fuss
if it became the death of us
 
if it took away
our last breath,
we get to die
a DESIGNER DEATH
***
 
Chapters Four
through  Six
are  here

________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment