It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, April 5, 2021

© Autobiography Of No In Particular © ... Three More Chapters

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Four
 
I put my brains
on the floor
don't know if
I'll see them anymore
 
Sound impressive?
sound hot?
 
Definitely the latter
cuz I just stole them
from a Liverpool lad
 
He got under my skin
fifty-seven years ago
and I've helter-skeltered
ever since
 
Thieving is not 
something I deny
doing
 
As long as no one
denies me
my denials
and my beliefs
 
Some of which 
have not changed
since last Thursday
 
God or
a subcontractor
blessed me with
very smart friends
and family
 
I pick their pockets
everyday because
that is where
their brains
hang out
 
Did you hear the one
about the eskimo,
the christian
and the italian

It's a knock-knock joke
and you say
the eskimo,
the christian and the italian
who?

"Eskimo christian
and italian 
no lies"

Capece?
ya unnistan?
canUdigIt?

No lies
but not 
no nonsense
 
The sun has yet
to rise
but I've already
opened my eyes
***

Chapter Five
 
Sleep fills the sky
and I hear
the dreams
between the beats
of a jazz drum
 
I tap my feet 
but someone 
has awakened
 
Give me back
my dream
!!!
 
The music ends
*** 
 
Chapter 6 
 
I did the ideal thing
as a child:
I terrified my parents
 
They could not 
discipline me
unless
I gave them 
a permission slip
 
When the police
caught me
stealing a car
on my 18th birthday
I was shocked
to be placed
in a jail cell:
I did not give
the police
a permission slip
to do so
 
But the car belonged
to my girlfriend's father
and he did not
press charges
 
Potatos potatoes
***
 
The next three chapters
are  here
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

No comments:

Post a Comment