It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Analogous To What I Said About A Great Day In Harlem

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

There is not now
nor will there be
a public park
that is more
deeply imbedded
in my memory
or more important
to my life
 than 

The website refers to this
as the "Frances Lewis Park"
 
The signatory of
the Declaration of Independence
owned the property
more than 
two hundred years ago
but we knew it as 
WHITESTONE PARK
with the 
Whitestone Bridge
linking Long Island
to the continent
in the background
 
A future page
will list ten reasons
why the park
is so important to me
 
But I will list one reason below
solely because
I just lit #142857:
 
I smoked my first cigaret
in Whitestone Park
(September, 1961)
and
I would like 
to refer to
the suspension
over the East River as
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment