It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Happy 90th Birthday To Willie Mays ... My First Super-Hero

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Who was your second Super-Hero?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does that mean that Salinger is your favorite writer?

      Delete
    2. No!
      It means that Salinger
      is the most important
      writer in my life.

      Reading Catcher In The Rye
      as a twelve-yr-old led me directly to
      ALL four of Salinger's books AND...
      four thousand other books
      (85.7142 per cent fiction)

      Salinger was the gateway drug
      to my addiction to fiction

      With no Salinger in my life,
      I would register only a blip
      on the literary snob-o-meter
      and my most common activity,
      as a 71-yr-old, would be
      picking my nose





      Delete