It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Hold The Seventy-Two Virgins ... And The Hyperlinks

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Exactly one week from today,
I will be seventy-two years-old

The first acknowledgement
of that birthday
was a document from
DMV

My driver's license
needed to be renewed
but I was given the option
to do so entirely on-line

Five attempts to do so yesterday
proved frustrating
to the fifth degree
 
The alternative,
physically appearing
at a DMV office
with written test
and driver's test,
was as welcome
as bunions 
and burnt toast
 
But sixth time is a charm
and after an early morning
phone call,
the deal is done
thanks to a woman
named Dawn
who had more patience
in her fingernail
than I've had
in my entire life
 
Despite fifteen minutes
of wait-time
on the phone,
7.2 stupid qustions.
 720 keystrokes
and a nominal payment,
my driver's license
has been renewed
and 
I am a very 
hap-pre birthday boy
 
Who
would like to give
a bouquet of gratitude
to a DMV employee
named Dawn  
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment