It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, August 30, 2024

My Impersonation Of A Poem By John Updike

________________________________________________________________________________________________


My son's bicycle is
in the driveway
with a flat tire
but the air pump
is in the trunk
of his mother's car

The 1968 Red Corvette
 was part
of the divorce settlement
***

© PAUL OLIVERIO
________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. I am no world class authority on Poetry
    but I will state that if there was ever a poet
    who could pinpoint the mundane or esoterica
    of Suburbia ... it would be JOHN UPDIKE

    -Oliverio

    ReplyDelete