It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, August 29, 2024

New Yorker Magazine Dated ... OCTOBER 11, 2021 ...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have seen 101
New Yorker Magazine covers
suitable for
museum display
but for 101
GodFather ofMath 
reasons,
the cover pictured below
is my 
All-Time Favorite:
 
 
 
I might have featured 
this cover before
but if so,
I wasn't cognizant of 
the date of issue
which brings to mind
the following copyrighted quote:
 
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
THERE ARE ONLY DIVINE PARALLELS
 
October 11, 2021
was my sister Linda's
seventy-fifth birthday
 
Her 1975 death certificate
notwithstanding,
 
I see/hear/feel
my older sister's touch
as many as seventy-five times
on any given day
 
Like our parents
who graduated this earth
four years before she did,
it is impossible for me to miss them
because no trio of people
is more omnipresent to me
than them
 
The divine parallel
of Lynda's 75th birthday
and a magazine cover
helped to make
my 75th birthday
[May 18,2024]
the happiest day
of my Long Beach life 
thanks to 
five hours of 
phone/text/email
conversation
with friends and family
+
the glorious generosity
and warmth
of Mrs. CarPeo
 
One of those conversations
was with my living sister
about whom 
I will say
nothing more than
she is sixty-eight
going on thirty-seven
even when she is in the presence 
of her six grandchildren
 
Wherever she goes,
chiropractors work overtime
because countless men
are turning their heads
much too quickly 
just to get 
one look at my
"little sister"
***
 
© PAUL OLIVERIO ©
 
Cover Artist = Luci Gutierrez  
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment