It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, May 14, 2015

He Asked Me For A Cigaret But...

________________________________________________________________________________________________




I had none to give.


Nor did I have any money 
or food in my pockets.


So I gave him a quote 
from  Franz Kafka:



I write differently from what I speak, 
I speak differently from what I think,
I think differently from the way I ought to think, 
and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.

He said "Thanks for blackening my morning.
Do you know any Yogi Berra quotes."

As a matter of fact, I did.

Yogi Berra–baseball Hall of Famer/philosopher/sage–
celebrated his 90th birthday on Tuesday, May 12.

When asked how it felt 
to be ninety, Yogi said:
Happy Birthday, Mr. Berra.

Yogi has more World Series rings
than anyone who has ever played baseball.

And the next Kafka page is  here. 





Being ninety is exactly the same 
as being eighty-nine
except you are 
a year older.



________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment