It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, January 3, 2016

I Want To Hold Your Attention

________________________________________________________________________________________________



When I first heard  this song 
in 1964, gravity took
a lunch break.

My hands started clapping
and crossed the pond 
to England where four 
Liverpool lads sang:

Oh Yeah, I tell you something
I think you'll understand
 





The B-side of Fillmore Slim's
You Got The Nerve 
Of A Brass Monkey
is a song with the 
exact same title as
the Beatles classic.
  
Mr. Slim recorded his
I WANT TO HOLD
YOUR HAND
in 1957.



The Beatles recorded the  "Lennon/McCartney"
I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND in 1963.

To counteract my inability to provide a recording link for 
Fillmore Slim's vinyl image, I hereby provide a bonus
hyperlink  to a Beatles' song that Mrs. CarPeo 
will fall  in love with because it is 
about a dog: the title is  
Black Dog Blues.
The next Beatles' page is  here. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

                     

No comments:

Post a Comment