It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, June 29, 2018

Such Times As These, I Need A Heavy Dose Of Paul Oliverio

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please do not think for a moment that 
I ever need to believe the world
revolves around
ME

Such a world is something
I would NEVER want
to be a part of

I present this image of images,
ALL of which are related to
The GodFather of Math trilogy


The secret wish of Paul Oliverio
is that he was the photographer
of the two Rolling Stones' images
(ditto for the silhouette of Betty Draper)

If that were true, he would not need
to spend half his life knee deep
in the blogosphere.

Yet, he will take this opportunity
to make a didactic statement
about the Rolling Stones:
NO HUMAN ALIVE
can fully understand
the evolution of the band
without viewing
Charlie is my Darling  

As for the two book images,
Franny and Zooey
has influenced me
in more ways than
I care to count.

One of the minor influences
is syntactical:
I have an off-again
on-again relationship
with the terminal
punctuation mark

The other book
involves two women:
the author and the woman
who did the publicity
for the book.

The former evolved into
Arianna Huffington,
and the latter evolved into
Mrs. CarPeo.

The other images
of the fourth row
are all about Mrs. CarPeo

The only other image
not photographed by myself
or related to my family
is the third image
in the fourth row:
the photographer is
Julia Margaret Cameron 

But the most important woman
in the life of Paul Oliverio
appears immediately
to the left of
the Cameron image:
that is my Mother.

The very same image
of Grace Anastasio Oliverio
is the very last image
(and, by far, the largest)
of the Gofather of Math
website.

Her sister
—my beloved Aunt Betty—
and my sister, Linda
appear at the end
of the second row.

This will be the penultimate
paragraph because I fear
my eyes will get
to moist to mention.

The second  picture
in the top row
is the Whitestone Bridge
and if you have read this far,
you can access ALL
of these images by 
googling for
"Photoverio Whitestone"




 

 
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment