It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

A Splashy Wet + Wonderful Morning In The Zero Lane

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The first lane of the Belmont Shore pool
is marked by the Zero digit

My weekly mile swim is a thing
of the past
but this morning, I splashed and stroked
for five laps of an Olympic pool:
the equivalent  of 5/18ths
of a mile

(Coincidentally, 5/18 is my birthday)

Unlike my frequent swims
prior to my 70th birthday,
I swam sloppily: 
straight ahead strokes
with lots of curvature

But it was a total of 800 joyful strokes
at 5:30 AM
 
I would like to thank
the staff member who allowed me
to re-enter the pool area
after I showered

By then it was daylight
and I was able 
to take this photograph

© Oliverio
 _______________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment