It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Brown Italian Shoes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I dreamt I wore your shoes
last night
and my feet
ignored all Stop Signs

I walked and walked
and walked some more

I went to your Mother's house
and she opened the door

She showed me your war chest
including your Purple Star

With a wink
and a hallucination,
I walked
to the nearest bar
for a double shot
of Maker's Mark

It was Sam's Saloon
on franny lou
—your name for
Francis Lewis Boulevard
You were on stage with
McCarthy and Dugan


Three guitars
with one hundred years
of strumming

Dugan sang lead
on Mustang Sally
and three girls
dragged me
onto the dance floor

But I could not dance

I could only walk
and weave and wobble
between three gyrating
mini-skirts

Me and your
brown Italian shoes
***



________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
BROWN ITALIAN SHOES
is the copyrighted property
of LCSoL

The poem is dedicated to
Ray Peterssen

For that matter,
so is the entire
Godfather of Math
Trilogy
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment