It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, February 20, 2021

The World's Greatest Short Story

________________________________________________________________________________________________

We start at the beginning
(which is here)
and continue
to the end
(which is not here)

it will be somewhere
after the middle

words will stick together
(like crazy glue)
and the subject is
YOU
 
a memory will burst
from your head
but give it a color:
blue, yellow, or red
 
or go downtown
and paint the memory
brown
 
one day my father said
or was it my mother
(pick one or the other)
(or sister or brother)
 
anyway,
what was said was
 
".... /////..... ////... ////...."
 
but I didn't believe
one single word
 
rather than cut them
down to size,
I let them think otherwise
 
"that is so perceptive"
I proclaimed,
being deceptive
and appearing receptive
 
the response was gratitude:
(creating the right mood)
 "We'll take care of it tomorrow"
but I was full of sorrow

after their exit
tears filled my room
and I was drenched
in gloom

until a white rabbit
appeared in my head
 
I followed him
under my bed

 he turned yellow and brown
then blue and red

he crawled into a hole
where I could not fit
my heart or soul

the rest of me
fit into a bowl

the rabbit warned
"don't be rude or lewd"
but my story is
to be continued

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnote
This page is
the copyrighted property
of LCSoL
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment