It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

BINGOLEUM ... A Modern Sonnet Wrtten With A Friend

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday service
at the Bingoleum
 
Deuces were wild
on the linoleum

Preacher looked pasty
but Carlota was hasty

She was fast,
first and last,

Abused and used

One look 
was all it took
 
Used Carlota exclaimed
"Don't steal my playbook"

That's her hook
:::

© JACK McCARTHY ©
© PAUL OLIVERIO ©
________________________________________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Did you physically sit down with Mr. McCarthy
    to write this sonnet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO

      Two hours ago, the word Bingoleum
      fell out of the sky and landed inside my head

      Then I needed a woman's name and remembered
      a song he wrote many years ago
      entitled USED CARLOTA

      One hour ago, he texted approval
      of this page,telling me that
      "Whenever I go out,
      I will first look up at the sky"

      Delete
    2. Is there anywhere I can hear
      the original Used Carlota?

      Delete
    3. Unfortunately there isn't
      but that thing called Time
      does change things

      Delete
    4. But not always.

      Delete