It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Fifty Years Ago This Month, THE GODFATHER Was Born

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm talking about myself.
I should be talking about
I don't know why
I get on about myself.
I don't know anybody else.
***
 
AL PACINO _______________________________________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. THE GODFATHER premiered on March 15, 1972
    thereby planting the seeds for
    The GodFather of Math,
    a trilogy in six parts that might
    never have existed if it weren't
    for this film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mario Puzo wrote an astounding novel
      that evolved into a film trilogy
      that astoundingly improved
      on the book.

      Delete
    2. I had the distinct privilege
      of meeting Barry Malkin,
      a very soft spoken man who edited
      THE GODFATHER TRILOGY.

      We spoke for close to an hour
      at the Katonah Library where
      Mrs. CarPeo had been a volunteer.

      https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0539794/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr7

      Delete
    3. I met Marlon Brando in my dreams.

      Delete
    4. What man hasn't done that?

      My favorite Marlon Brando dream
      had him running around Central Park
      being chased by Larry David
      wielding a golf club

      Delete
  2. I am a woman who prefers to dream about Katherine Hepburn.
    She is always knocking on my door asking for a waffle recipe.

    ReplyDelete