It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

NINE PAGES ... 1133

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Page 5
 
Anyone who knows anything
about Manhattan knows
Park Avenue
and the image
immediately below is
and there is where
J.D. Salinger lived
[both in fact and fiction]
 
The image is easily enlarged
***
Anyone who knows anything
about the Bronx knows
White Plains Road
and the house featured
in the image below is
 
The house was owned by
my maternal Grandparents
for the first 40+ years
of my life
 and is responsible for 
1133 x 1133 
invaluable memories
 
Amongst the top five
of those memories
is marked by a Red Dot:
 
That is where
 —in 1962—
my cousin Robert
introduced this 13-year-old boy
to a book entitled
 
Within 14 months,
I read the four books
authored by
J.D. Salinger
 
1133 things
learned from Mr. Salinger
qualified Mr. Oliverio 
to earn a doctorate
in Sarcasm
 
My cousin Robert 
became the dentist
who had incredible success
with my mouthful
of tobacco-stained teeth
  
If only I had preserved
five more of the original
cast members
of my dentifrice,
I would surely be willing
to smile in public
©©©
 
The next Salinger page is  here 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. You sound like of those people who would inspire J.D. Salinger
    to hide behind a tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oliverio says:

      The only time I ever attempted to seek out Mr. Salinger
      was the only time I was in New Hampshire (1978)
      when I frustrated the hell out of my then-girlfriend
      by spending an hour in the Dartmouth book store
      on the slim hope that the author would show up
      to cash one of his royalty checks.

      I had been in Vermont (where he famously lived)
      numerous times but never attempted
      to seek him out

      Delete