It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, May 5, 2023

NINE PAGES ... Diametrically Opposite Kafka Quotes + St. Francis

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Page 7
 
Given the multiple readings
of the four published books
authored by J.D. Salinger,
I've read ≈3000 pages
of his stories.

Arguably, this page
is the most influential one
I ever read
for the following reasons:

1.
It first introduced
a fourteen-year-old boy

2.
The quote + twenty others
 appear on the wall
of a bedroom initially occupied
by the eldest of the 
(Seymour + Buddy).

All the quotes
are related to religion
and spirituality.

Since my first reading 
of this page,
no bedroom wall,
classroom wall, patio wall...
of my own has escaped
the scribbling
of "profound quotes."

3.
In the sixty year future
of that
fourteen-year-old,
he has written
≈ 300 book reports
for his own pleasure.
 
Virtually none of them
contain my own words
about the book
but ALL of them
contain my favorite quotes
from the pages read
©©©
 
 
The next Salinger page
is  here
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Do you have an all-time favorite quote from the books you've read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oliverio says:

      YES and it is from Mark Twain.

      ≈When I was sixteen years old, my father was an idiot.
      But when I was twenty-one, it amazed me how much
      he learned in five years.


      ANOTHER all-time favorite is from news analyst,
      Eric Severeid:

      ≈The greatest product ever manufactured
      by the United States is not steel or automobiles.
      It is Anxiety≈

      Delete