It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Tuffy McPink Declares War On The Roses

________________________________________________________________________________________________

An Angry Talking Flower Page

I am a Hibiscus
and the flower contest 
is my battlefield

Thirteen is my lucky number
so put me up against 
a dozen roses
and the best they will do
is second place

Thirteen is my lucky number
because that is how many tricks
I can do with my tongue
my stamen
© Oliverio ©
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

5 comments:

  1. In Mexico, where I was born, they have Hibiscus Dance Contests.
    I am the owner of PEPITO's FLOWER SHOP,
    on Orange Avenue just above 4th Street [90802].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oliverio proudly promotes Mr. Pepito's flower shop
      (AND Carolina's Barber Shop across the street)

      Juan Pepito and I have had many interesting conversations
      and Mrs. CarPeo is extremely grateful for all the flowers
      I purchased from him as peace offerings
      after our collective anger caused seismic shifts
      in the three short blocks that separate
      PEPITO's FLOWER SHOP
      from our condo.

      She is seriously considering Juan's offer
      of a part-time job.

      If he looked more like the Senor Wences puppet
      and less like Senor Wences, I wouldn't be paranoid
      about letting her work there

      Delete
  2. Oliverio proudly promotes Mr. Pepito's flower shop
    (AND Carolina's Barber Shop across the street)

    Juan Pepito and I have had so many interesting conversations
    and Mrs. CarPeo is extremely grateful for all the flowers I purchased
    from him as peace offerings after our collective anger
    causes seismic shifts in the three short blocks
    that separate PEPITO's FLOWER SHOP
    from our condo.

    She is seriously considering Juan's offer
    of a part-time job.

    If he looked more like the Senor Wences puppet
    and less like Senor Wences, I wouldn't be paranoid
    about letting her work there
    about letting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did this Hibiscus come from PEPITO's FLOWER SHOP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oliverio says:

      NO
      The nickname of 4th Street
      adjacent to Orange Avenue
      is Hibiscus Boulevard

      BUT Juan's story about
      the Hibiscus Dance contests
      may have inspired this photograph
      of a flower 25 feet east of the world famous
      Tito's Bakery which supposedly
      was named for Juan Pepito's
      great-grandson.

      Delete