It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Sic: An ATWOODian Statement Written By Paul Oliverio

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The title refers to
about whom the Oliverio statement
"Ms. Atwood is my favorite living author"
borders on 100% accuracy

But the Oliverio statement
referred to in the title is this:
 
There are no coincidences,
there are only divine parallels
 
 This statement
—along with 100 Oliverio-isms—
was copyrighted in 1981
before this New Yorker moved
to California

AND
it had an utterly frightening 
re-birth
while reading Margaret's novel
this month
 !!!
 
As a confirmed book-a-holic,
I typically read a book
cover-to-cover
and within twenty-four hours
of completion,
I am unto the next book
 
The preceding paragraph is
pretty damn close to
ninety-nine percent
accurate

Had I known that
The Blind Assassin
was longer than
five hundred pages,
I never would have purchased
the novel that won 

However, 
if I am to read 
one long novel
in the unforeseeable last year 
of my life
I truly believe
that book will be
The Blind Assassin

Without further jabberwocky
from this blogger,
I will list a pair of
Divine Parallels 
between
Ms. Atwood's novel 
and my personal life
 
1.
Ten days ago,
I posted one and only one page
on Mother's Day
 
It featured
 a treasured photograph
of my own mother
 
On that day,
I read the chapters
 of The Blind Assassin
focused on the death
of the narrator's mother
 
Despite having ample reading time
available on that day
I had to put the book aside
because reading about
a fictional maternal  death
on Mother's Day,
reduced my
heart and soul
and my alleged mind
to jelly
 
 
2.
The most important date
mentioned in the novel
is the Eighteenth of May
in the year 1945
when the narrator's sister
mysteriously dies
 
An event described 
in the first sentence
on the first page 
 The Blind Assassin  
   
On May 18, 1945,
I was exactly
negative four years old
 
Too many 
preceding blog pages
were devoted to
May 18, 2023
otherwise known as 
my 74th birthday
 ©©©
 

 
TO BE CONTINUED
[w/divine parallel  
or Jim Brown,
et al]

________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment