It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, June 29, 2024

Mother, Forgive Me For I Have Sinned ...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Having read more than 4000 pages
of her published literature,
surely 
functions as a substitute mother
to me
[and all her handmade readers]
BUT
 

I started reading the sequel to
approximately 48 hours ago,
and have read
approximately 48 words
 
That is,
all I did was "peek inside"
 
Maybe that was due
to the narrator's mother dying
before this reader had time
to light another cigaret
 
My substitute
"Mother Margaret"
is often referred to  as
 
To which I say
 
dis topia or dat topia
—dis a way or dat a way—
on Utopia Parkway
 !!!
 
Hallelujah, Paulie Boy:   
my soul is now cleansed
with one deliciously obscure
surrealist reference
+
a guarantee 
that one week from today
I will have completed
my twentieth book
by the greatest living author
 writing in 
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you are reading THE TESTAMENTS at a snail's pace
    because of the opening line:
    Only dead people are allowed to have statues
    but I have been given one while still alive.
    I am petrified."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be dressed in a cement tuxedo
      and dropped from the Whitestone Bridge
      if I dared to disagree with your comment

      -Oliverio

      Delete