It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, September 20, 2018

One Of My All-Time Favorite Wogging Moments

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I called it wogging
because it was
a mixture of
walking and jogging

Anyway,
during a good portion
of my Jefferson HS days,
I wogged five miles
before the school day began

One particular morning,
(approximately 5AM)
I am about to cross
Buena Vista Street
at Verdugo Avenue,
but the light was red
and  a Burbank Police car
was about the cross
the same intersection.

So I jogged in place,
nodding to the officer.

But he  revved his engine
and went through
the red light,
giving me a thumbs up
while he did so.

Therefore, I jogged through
a red light
with permission
from a cop.
 
One block later,
I had to stop jogging
and begin walking
because I was
laughing so hard

One week later,
the same cop stopped me
for driving through
a red light

I reminded him
of our Buena Vista
encounter:

He gave me a high five
instead of a ticket

________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment