It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, October 15, 2018

Dr. Fabricato And His Audience Of One

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The performer is lying on a sofa. She is a conjuror in repose.

Nancy Mathis stares at the  ceiling as if it were a picture album and a quote from her father popped into her mind.

“Excuse me ladies, but this is my bowling night. Nancy, you will have a wonderful time at your prom tomorrow.”

The ladies consisted of Natalie's mother and two sisters.

Nothing about that evening was worth mentioning to the doctor. There was no drama or trauma on the night before her prom but that was not a problem for Nancy Mathis, an aspiring actress.

After we finished dinner, my father said “Okay, sweets, let’s go for ice cream.”
It was just the two of us so we drove to Baskin Robbins and my Dad waited in the car because he hates the musak they played in the ice cream store.
I got a half-gallon of Rocky Road to take home and for my father, I got a chocolate cone. It was all with his money, of course.  I ordered my favorite cone: cherry vanilla with sprinkles.

We ate our ice cream in the car and my father told me a dumb joke about a traveling salesman. It wasn’t really funny but I laughed anyway and spilled a gob of ice cream on my denim cut-offs. Father  immediately  cleaned  my  lap  with  a  napkin  and  then handpicked each and every chocolate sprinkle...

Do not expect this author to add any licentious details but Nancy Mathis certainly did.

Audience participation made sure of that but the performance ended when a bell rang.

The aspiring actress arose from the sofa but did not take a bow.

She reached into her purse and gave the man in the audience an autograph. 

It was written on the bottom of a check for $150 made out to Dr. Fabricato, her personal audience of one.

The  performance  lasted  fifty-three  minutes.
 
Performer paying audience is the anti-theater of the Recovered Memory Movement.

The RMM is an archeological expedition wherein the therapist, instead of  excavating the specific soil of a patient's past, directs the patient to the nearest toxic wasteland where facts never hinder theatrical victimization.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnote
DR. FABRICATO AND HIS AUDIENCE OF ONE
is the copyrighted property of LCSoL
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment