It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, October 21, 2018

"Can We Dance?" I Asked ... If You Won't I Will

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I asked the words
               to dance
but they were all
         wallflowers

So I had the dance
                     floor
             to myself

I owned the dance
                     floor
    I loved it and it
              loved me

But no one saw it
    or read a word
                about it

(damn those wallflowers)
   
               Because
 none was written

         And no one
 could hear my feet   

                 Happy
        as they were

               My eyes
were twice as sad

              My soul
    put up a picket fence          
   and put locks on all       
              the doors 

                   Until
the spirit moves me    
            and I visit the      
            neighbors

       I ask them to
                    dance  
 and they send me 
                    home 

                     ***

PAUL OLIVERIO  

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
"CAN WE DANCE?" I ASKED        
     IF YOU WON'T I WILL
  is the copyrighted property
                              of LCSoL

                 I think I know why    
                                         I
                                      did
                                     this

It happens when happy feet
                     make only one
                        person happy
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment