It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Tight-Lipped And Poker-Faced ... For TOWNES VAN ZANDT

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 
The sun splattered
across the table
 
It was 98.6 degrees
with no shade
from the trees
 
Their leaves had fallen
so had their interest
 
Birds flew by
without notice
 
The sky was elsewhere
 
But the sun splattered
98.6 degrees 
 and I was packing heat:
 
The same temperature
inside my skin
as outside
 
We played
with a living
breathing deck
 
And tequila shots

Tight-lipped
and poker-faced,
I held three talking cards
 
Two said YES
one said NO
 
I flipped the NO
and it said maybe

I flipped the maybe
and it said YES
 
It was a winning hand
every bet was mine
 
The pot sparkled
with sunshine
 
Life was good
maybe
 
PAUL OLIVERIO
©©©
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

No comments:

Post a Comment