It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Who Drinks The Water? Who Owns The Zebra? The Epilogue

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

A story was told
about a very famous
logic riddle

It began  here
so please go there
and it will take you
a while to read
 
 
I will begin the epilogue,
upon your return
***
***
***
Welcome back
 
 
1.
When I refer to Mrs. CarPeo
as "my smarter half"
it is a proven fact:
 
I presented the riddle to her
in 2013
 
She had never seen it before
but she solved it
within a half-hour
 
 
2.
The original riddle
(created in 1962)
is about five men
and references 
five brands of cigarettes
 
I was delighted to find
that updated the riddle
without altering its' logic
but removing the taboo smokes.
 
It also  included women
in the hypotheses
 
 
3.
If anyone has ever seen
a variation of 
ITALWho drinks the water
about five Rolling Stones
(including Brian Jones)
and dangerous drugs,
(plus excessive alcohol)
please let me know:
 
I created it
fifty years ago
and lost track of it
forty-five years ago
 
 
4.
About my father
invading my pants
with five twenty dollar bills:
 
That was not a unique experience
for him
 
Whenever we visited
Aunts and Uncles,
my cousins would routinely find
dollar bills
in their school books
or a roll of quarters
in their dresser drawers
 
They may have suspected 
Uncle Sam as the source
but I didn't confirm that 
until years after his death
***
 
 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment