It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, March 7, 2021

I Am Shame And Shame I Am

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I am Shame
and Shame I am
but not for eating
green eggs and ham

I have egg on my face
and shame in my prolix
for images
not in your rolodix

All I wanted was
words for fun
but liberal buzz [saw]
has me under the gun
 
What's good for the goose
is good for the gender
but the Zeuss
caused a fender-bender
 
I'll make that "fenda benda"
and live happily
if such words I senda
to da Urban Dictionary
 
I'll write more silly books
for the bees and the birds
with acceptable hooks 
of four-letter words 
 
Then I'll be hip, cool,
and smothered with friendship
no longer the fool
subject to censorship
 
This poem is now ending
where down is up
with my name changing
to Doctor Wha'Zup
***
 
 
PAUL OLIVERIO
©©©
 
 
______________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment