It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, October 13, 2022

In December Of 2008 ... I Spent Seventeen Days In Italy

________________________________________________________________________________________________

That is the only time
I ever spent 
outside of North America

Never have I been to
South America, Asia, Africa
or Australia

I have seen countless images
of the other-worldly
magnificent places
and things
that I never saw
upfront and personal
 
So be it
 
The truth is
I feel Zero Percent 
cultural deprivation
when I can feast my eyes
on this image
and let my mind 
wander around
the world
they created
 
This picture was taken
two years before
I was born
 
It is a man
and 
his 1-year-old daughter
 
Also known as
my father
and my sister
 
A line from Jimi Hendrix
comes to mind:
 
Sam and Linda Oliverio
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Some people travel to escape the bonds of family.
    You are the antithesis:
    You relish the bonds of family to escape
    the need to travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That comment makes a lot of sense
      and has more than kernels of truth
      but as far as "the need to ravel"
      is concerned, I have driven or flown
      AT LEAST three hundred thousand miles,
      almost entirely between New York
      and California

      Delete