It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Sent To Me In Response To A DULCIMER Riff I Sent Him

________________________________________________________________________________________________

When granted 3 wishes l wished for more
( l ‘d used the first 2 in a candy store)
The Genie said  "l’ve seen this scam"
I said  "l wish l wasn’t who you think l am."
***
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Mr. McCarthy is a very funny man and an extremely competent guitarist
    but what exactly did you send him to inspire this verse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent jack a 12-bar riff on my APPALACHIAN DULCIMER
      with three repeating notes.
      I also sent it to three musician friends of ours,
      one of whom complimented it in quick response.

      BUT what truly shocked me about the verse above
      is that Jack composed it immediately
      after receiving the riff

      To be continued [I hope]

      -Oliverio

      Delete