It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, March 29, 2024

50 Days To Go ...The Process Of Aging Has My Laughter Raging

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am
on the precipice
of age seventy-five
when most people believe
they're barely alive
BUT
 
Chart my age on a graph
and I must laugh
 
—Though I'm not an actor—
I'll break that number
into its factor
(s)

Soon to be
three quarters
of a century
sounds posh
but I just say
HOGWASH
 
I will be 
three twenty-five year-olds
with hormones flashing
at every hot dish
I see
but not a word
will be said
because it's all
in my head
 
Soon to be
three quarters
of a century
sounds posh
but I just say
HOGWASH
 
I will be
fifteen five-year-olds:
enough to populate
a kindergarten class
 
Flirting with every
cutie-pie
winking at them
with my good eye
but not a thought
from my mind
into words
will pass
 
For simple conversation,
I'll juggle the words
"wrong or right"
but you can send
all gifts
care of
this website
🎂🎂🎂
***
 
© PAUL OLIVERIO ©
________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

  1. This LAUGHABILITY should apply to all ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oliverio agrees on condition that only content and volume change annually

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual - your unique perspective is whole

    ReplyDelete