It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, October 5, 2026

It Ain't Bragging, If You Can Do It Again

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 

 I was offered
 significantly
more money
than 
the $20 
I received from
Joan Rivers
BUT
stupidly said 
no 
__________
______
 
Mega-stupidly,
the recipient of
my negativity
turned out to be
 
__________
______
 
The primary reason
I post this 1980 document
has to do with
my highlighted address:
 
It was the last 
of 3 homes
I owned 
on 
Long Island
but no siblings
or parents
owned 
a share
 
Otherwise
the price of admission
would not have been
quality drugs
or
Tequila
__________
______
 
I was both
a landlord
+ 
a substitute teacher
at that time
but
countless people
were "educated"
by me
in the comfort
of the house
whose address was 
5 Orient Hill
and payment
was most likely
non-denominational
 ______
 ______
   ______ 

One absolute certainty:
a Sound Beach
resident 
named 
"Stevie B'
learned
a bucketful of
God-Knows-What 
at
that location
 
__________
______
 

In the year
2026, 
"Stevie" 
is a
NEW YORK TIMES
puzzle maestro,
enlightening
people
on that newspaper's
second-most popular puzzle
(out of ≈50) 
 
It is the
 
It is the puzzle
whose primary reference
is a
4th Grade 
Flunk + Wagnalls
Dictionary
__________
______
 
 
❗❗❗ 
 _______________________________________________________________________________________________
 

2 comments:

  1. ❗❗❗
    Why such an abrupt ending?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plain and simple reason is PARANOIA:
    If the NY Times took objection to
    the "Flunk + Wagnalls" reference
    and cut-off my access to Spelling Bee,
    I might require a holding cell
    to control my reaction

    (If they also cut me off from WORDLE,
    that could prove deadly for the man
    who lives at the vanguard
    of the wandering Sudokites

    -Oliverio

    ReplyDelete