It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, December 4, 2015

Scottie Paterson: The Queen Of Anonymity

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Wizard of Buzz

You flash across the panorama
leaving a wake of confusion
as those in a slower landing pattern
try to figure out what that was 
that just buzzed them 
like a hummingbird 
on the way to a free 
nectar bar.

You pause and spread 
your beacon of warmth,
shining it through your eyes
and drop your little 
pebbles of humor
at my feet like 
hidden bones
dug up from 
your yard.

You build me up with words 
of encouragement and admiration 
that I do not deserve, tainted 
by your sunny disposition.

They make me want to live up to them
so that you may only be proven a fool
and not a liar.

You are in a constant struggle to maintain 
control over the uncontrollable Spirit 
of You, as you fidget and squirm, 
fighting to still the inner creature.

I watch as you flit around the room,
pollinating each table, leaving little packages
of good will and dry humor
scattered haphazardly.

With a smile and a chuckle I pat your back
and sit you down to listen for a moment.

I know where your body is but 
wondering if your mind
is also in residence.

You answer me most of the time
in the appropriate Places
so I suspect you are
following.

However, before I have time to catch you,
you are up again and off, doing 
whatever you do

I smile again and nod and think 
how terribly exhausting it must be
just to be You.

© SCOTTIE PATERSON

    
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
The poet would not have allowed THE WIZARD OF BUZZ
to be published if the page were to contain any hyperlinks.

When asked for a quote to accompany the poem, the poet said:

I was born in New Jersey on December 21, 1980 exactly 
forty years after the death of my namesake, Scott Fitzgerald.

I was born  thirteen days after the death of  John Lennon 
which is why my middle name (Winston) is the same as his.

I was raised by Jesuits at a Lost and Foundry 
on Ocean Avenue in Brooklyn.

I presently live on Ocean Avenue
in Long Beach, CA.

Legally, my name has been changed
to Anonymister Ormiss.

The subject of the poem
is Paul Oliverio. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Now that you have had time to think
      about "Questions"...feel free to ask
      any of them.

      Delete