It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, July 18, 2022

Last Night, There Was A Family Gathering

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I wore my mother's shoes
last night
 
She wore my 
Jimi Hendrix hat
 
My father bounced a ball
while my sisters ate
jelly beans
 
I gave my mother's shoes
to Linda
and Judi gave me
all the black
jelly beans
 
I was barefoot
on top of
the Whitestone Bridge
 
Everybody was swimming
in the Northbound lane
 
Judi and Linda
were diving off
an Entenmann's truck
while the driver
flirted with
my mother
who gave the Hendrix hat
to my father

The barefoot boy
wondered what
it all meant
until the off-duty
tollbooth collectors
invited him
to play poker
in the room
below
the finial red light
on top of 
the Whitestone Bridge

The barefoot boy
stopped wondering
and could only think of
two words:
THE END

He won $3.50
from the bridge workers:
fourteen quarters

***

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. The music playing at the poker table in the sky
    must have been Jimi Hendrix' RED HOUSE,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Therefore,

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2SlSokLN4c

      Delete
  2. In a rare moment of pro bono therapy,
    Dr. Raft hereby disallows his patient to say
    no more about the Whitestone Bridge:
    because your tears will fall
    far and wide as an
    alternative to
    suicide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for saving my alternative life, sir

    ReplyDelete