It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, July 29, 2022

Always Room For Another JOHN CHEEVER Quote

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

*
If I should love my enemy,
surely I should love
my brother.
***

The Journals of ...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Admittedly a profound quote but what I want to know
    is... did Mr. Oliverio find it on a quote page or is he
    actually reading Mr. Cheever's journal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The JOURNALS OF JOHN CHEEVER
      is one of my default books:
      I read it when I am between books
      and yesterday morning I arrived
      at p.59 and that is exactly where
      I found this quote.
      But the funniest thing happened
      when
      immediately after reading it
      I sent an email to myself as reminder
      to blog the quote:
      I voiced the words on my phone

      in shorthand while covid-masked
      and it came out as
      john cheaper quote


      Delete