It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 13, 2023

God And The Devil Were Talking

________________________________________________________________________________________________

God said
"To level the playing field
on planet Earth,
I am giving you a pill
with three ingredients."
 
The Devil said
"Whatever you say, Boss"
 
God said
"The first ingredient
is SINCERITY and
the second ingredient is
ARTICULATION."
 
The Devil said
"Very generous, Boss,
what is the other ingredient?"
 
God said
"HANDSOME:
If I am going to be
in competition with someone,
I want it to be
a handsome man."
 
The Devil said
"I'm ready for battle, Boss.
Down I go."
 
In the year 2023,
God looked down
at His most entertaining creation
—Earth—
and said
"How stupid of me!
I gave him
one ingredient too many"
***
 
© PAUL OLIVERIO ©
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. If Einstein famously said Human stupidity is infinite
    and humans were supposedly made in the image of God,
    then that explains why God could have a stupid moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oliverio says:

      Supposedly, you have made a very profound statement
      but it behooves me to remind you that GOD
      is an acronym for Group Of Deities

      Delete