It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

This Is NOT An Impressionist Painting

________________________________________________________________________________________________

It is a house
I owned
for five years

Sometimes referred to 
"The House on Orient Hill,"
it is presently on 
the market
and the address is
 
The asking price is 
almost exactly ten times
the amount
I sold it for
in 1981
 
A private North Shore beach 
is within a healthy
walking distance
of this Long Island
waterfront community.
two miles west of
where I lived
and loved and laughed
for the first
≈ 27 years of my life ≈
plus the twilight 
 of my 31st year 
  before becoming
a California resident 
 
For my first birthday  
as a Cali res,
I belatedly received
a gift from 
 
It was a
a $20 check  
________________________________________________________________________________________________


3 comments:

  1. Which did you prefer: Sound Beach or Rocky Point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved both of them but, unlike Rocky Point,
      Sound Beach is NOT imbeded in my DNA

      Neither my parents nor Linda lived long enough
      to see the house on Orient Road
      and the only times my living sister
      was there, she raced through
      the house with her husband
      and their offspring because
      they had spent too many hours
      visiting our remaining relatives
      in Rocky Point

      Delete
    2. Oliverio says:

      I loved both of them but, unlike Rocky Point,
      Sound Beach is NOT imbedded in my DNA.

      Neither my parents nor Linda lived long enough
      to see the house on Orient Road
      and the only times my living sister
      was there, she raced through
      the house with her husband
      and their offspring because
      they had spent too many hours
      visiting our remaining relatives
      in Rocky Point

      Delete