It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, June 24, 2023

A Lower-Case Poem Inspired By 6/22/23 NYTimes Spelling Bee

________________________________________________________________________________________________

WITH CREATIVE SPELLING
WITHOUT PANGRAM
subtitled
23 FOUND WORDS
"RHYMED" IN ORDER

at the beech, i ate a beet
just one bite then one winning round
of bocce
I kissed my bootie (by choice)
right on cite
but i got a cootie
on my cheap cote
—my loud scream did echo
and became echoic
in an etch-a-sketch sort of way
 
the ethic but utterly atonal 
and hectic 
oboe     octet
forced the sound tech
to get techie,
proclaiming
"With my teeth
i teethe    thee
and pay a tithe 
to the audibly confused:
you get a free 
tote bag
 
 
© OLIVERIO ©           *** 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment: