It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, October 2, 2023

Is HOODA HELAMI Being Autobiographical ... ???

________________________________________________________________________________________________

My mother hated all men
especially my father
with his Ph. D
in absenteeism

However, 
there was always 
one exception

I would first be reminded
how much he resembled
the wedding night
version
of my father

For exactly one month,
she rhapsodized the virtues
of the exception
in such a way
as to resurrect
her Poetry Degree
from the Sorbonne

That cremated remains
of that Degree
were in an urn
on the mantle
above the fireplace
we used for storing
extra rolls 
of toilet paper
 
Exactly one month later,
the name of the exception 
changed
but not the rhapsody
 
My favorite month
was December
because the exception
was informed
that a certain child
was allergic
to receiving
less than ten
Christmas gifts
and must include
a Schwinn bicycle
 ***
 
© HOODA HELAMI ©
Alter Ego #142857 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. All I will say about Hooda Helami is the guarantee
    of a successful career in Stand-Up Comedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I will say about your comment
      is that HOODA chose a career path
      that guarantees Paul Oliverio's being able to
      afford a psychoanalyst who lives in Florida

      -Oliverio

      Delete
    2. I am willing to bet that Hooda is also a patient of Dr. James Raft.

      Delete
    3. You might be able to win that bet
      but under no circumstances
      would Dr. Raft ever tell me if that is true or false.

      I once jokingly named someone semi-famous
      as being a patient of his and the good doctor
      responded by slamming down the phone

      Delete