It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, October 2, 2023

Based On An Illegitimate Word From ... NYTimes Spelling Bee

_________________________________________________________________________________________
 
This page is about someone
who never ever
could speak a single solitary
word of truth
 
It was originally written
during the first two weeks
of September
when I had to no choice
but to patronize
a SLEAZE BAR*
to watch 
The 2023 US OPEN
played in 
Flushing, NY
 
That is the town I grew up
knowing better than the back
of my pocket-picking hands
 
AND
I am publishing 
Alibi Billie's page
 in this god-forsaken
format
on the day after
my maternal Grandmother's
140th birthday
 
Had my alleged life 
taken a drastic change
yesterday would also have been
the 38th anniversary
of being a married man
 
Please note:
This page is easy to follow
IF + ONLY IF
you know and love
the game of tennis
[or]
you know and love
Googling 

 *The asterik
relates to the provable fact
that Long Beach 
is  the Sleaze Bar
capital of the USA
 
It is also the national capital
of Alcoholics Anonymous
 meetings
 
∆∆∆
∆∆
∆ 
______________





Alibilly

a/k/a Alibi Billy

was a hillbilly boy

from Kentucky

some called him lucky

cause he had

one big tooth

but when he spoke

not one word

was truth

YET

he could make you

laugh or cry

with every ALIBI

and here's why:

 

"I was conceived on the interstate

between chaos and confusion

The first word I spoke was "Illusion"

 

Mamma was named Spike

and Daddy was a Dilbert

Mamma never played tennis

but she loved BRAD GILBERT

 

Who done be he—might you ask—

but cre-8-ing answers

is my favor8 task

 

I have a sister named KOKO

who makes me laugh

cuz her chosen surname was GAFF

 

Cuter than apple pie

with one strawberry

she coulda been a song

written by Chuck Berry

 

The world loved her

before she ever had a lover

 and every sporting magazine 

put her on the cover

with her always holding

a tennis racket

 

...Don't knock it

cuz tennis a game with

a gazillion dollars

in its pocket

 

And Wimbey Done

is its heart and locket

 

But strawberries and cream

shattered KOKO'S dream

when she got de-feeted

in the first round 

and that volume-N-us sound

of defeet could be heard in Heaven

where the Gods cried while munching

turkey burgers at the 7/11

 

But I gave comfort

to my sister Koko

with some pull and much pushing

"Don't worry Sis, [said me]

think of the meadow in Flushing."

 

New York, that is

and you will be 

the opposite of bad

when you worship 

at the throne of Uncle Brad

Gilbert, that is

*

*

*

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

No comments:

Post a Comment