It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Photoverio #719: Sanitation Vehicle + Barbed Wire

________________________________________________________________________________________________

153rd St,  Jamaica, NY  11433
© Oliverio
________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Faintly visible and stamped on the garbage truck is the words DON'T LITTER
    and this is as good a time as any to tell why I am the opposite
    of a litter bug:

    Many many years ago, a father and son were walking in Whitestone Park.
    The father said "Stop here, Paul," and did as I was told.
    He had been holding my hand but released it and pointed to
    a piece of litter.
    "Paul, who made the world?"
    "God made the world."
    "Correct."
    Then he looked me in the eye and said
    "Do you think God likes litter?"
    I didn't say a word but I picked up the crumpled piece of paper
    on the ground.
    He said nothing but we started walking in the direction of
    a waste receptacle, where I deposited the the piece of paper.
    We walked home wordlessly but he held my my hand
    with a maximum of comfort.

    Many, many years later, a fifty-three-old man and a three-year-old girl
    [the daughter of his lover] were walking around the block
    while her mother slept.
    A crumpled piece of paper was on the sidewalk in front of us.
    I said "Rebecca, stop here."

    My Father's question from a half-century ago resurfaced
    and then I said "Rebecca, who made the world?"
    Her immediate response was "Not me!"

    I laughed my ass off, picked up the litter,
    and stuffed it into my pocket.

    We proceeded around the block
    and arrived home, where bacon and eggs
    were sizzling on the stove.

    I never told Rebecca's mother what happened
    moments before.

    Hardly a day goes by where I don't pick up up litter
    if it isn't soiled and I don't say anything about it to anyone

    -Oliverio

    ReplyDelete