It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Two Quotes From NOTHING TO BE FRIGHTENED OF

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Irony does not dry up the grass.
It just burns off the weeds.

Perhaps the fact that
God is incomprehensible
is the strongest argument
for His existence.
•••
 
__________________________________
•••
________________________________________________________________________________________________

7 comments:

  1. Why isn't Julian Barnes,the author of NOTHING TO BE FRIGHTENED OF
    named in the text?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I thought it would be distracting

      Delete
    2. Do you have a favorite Julian Barnes book?

      Delete
    3. Too many to choose from
      but my favorite story
      is THE STOWAWAY from "10 1/2 Chapters"

      I learned more about Noah's Ark
      from this story than the Bible
      could ever have taught me

      Delete
    4. Mr. Anonymous

      I just noticed you had two typos
      in your first comment

      Delete
    5. Father, forgive me

      Delete
    6. "You are forgiven, my son"

      And I am certain JB
      would say the same

      Delete