It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Blow Out The Candles: Another Poem By Hooda Helami

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Blow out the candles
and breathe in the dark
 
Cloak yourself
with night
and the blackness
will feel
softer than flannel
 
Then welcome
the light of day
as you would welcome
•••
 
Alter Ego #142857 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

7 comments:

  1. Hooda hell are you, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been asking myself that question
      for as long as I can forget

      Every time I have an answer
      I forget what it was

      Delete
    2. A great poet once wrote:
      If forgetting was an art,
      I'd be Van Gogh
      Then forget where my ear was,
      and cut off my toe

      Delete
    3. You're welcome, darling.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it,
    you will be a great author. I will make certain to bookmark your blog and may come back later in life.
    I want to encourage that you continue your great posts, have a nice
    evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will be a great author when I am old enough to go out on my own...WAIT A MINUTE: I did that 50 years ago... I hope you continue enjoying what I write

      Delete