It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, October 16, 2021

© Autobiography Of No One In Particular © ... Chapter Twenty

 _______________________________________________________________________________________________


Chapter 20
 
This is a bowl of farina
Mrs. CaPeo cooked it
this morning
by special request
 
It was delicious
and I am grateful
 
Today 
is the fiftieth anniversary
of the last meal
my mother 
cooked for me
 
It was a bowl of farina
and before the end 
of the day,
my Mother was dead
but your sympathy
is not what I want
 
For fifty years,
she has been a member
of the Oliverio 2.0 Society
 
A society
not lacking in membership
 
The newest member being
Vincent King, 
her son-in-law
 
I know in my heart
that a Big Party 
was held in her honor
 
It was a pleasure for me 
 to not be in attendance  
 
On October 16, 2021,
I celebrated 
my Fiftieth Birthday
as an Adult Orphan
 
Fifty 
is so much younger
than seventy-two
••• 
 
   

The next "chapter"
is  here
 
The first chapters
of this autobiography
are  there 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment