It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, April 25, 2022

Quoting TREVANIAN Finally*

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Confession is good
for the spirit.
It empties the soul,
making room
for more sin
***

The lowly moth dreams
of possessing the moon
***

I pity anyone
scarred by the acid
of provincial gossip
***

The Summer of Katya


*
I first read Trevanian
forty years ago
thoroughly enjoying
"The Loo Sanction"
I didn't read him again
until last week:
shame on me
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Caution: just like Mr. Herlihy, TREVANIAN can be very habit-forming.

    ReplyDelete