It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

A Deferential Equation ... Not To Be Confused With ...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not to be confused with 
"Differential Equation"
and that mathematical miasma
known as CALCULUS,
 
a Deferential Equation
allows me to equate myself
with cultural godheads:

 
lived in Whitestone
where there is a bridge
connecting Long Island
to continental United States
 
I lived in Whitestone
for thirty-two years
 
Mr. Houdini and Mr. Chaplin
were accomplished artists
of the highest order
and they lived in Whitetone
for maybe
thirty-two weeks
(combined)
 
Did either of them
ever hitchhike across
the Whitestone Bridge?
 
NO
but I did
 
Did Houdini or Chaplin
ever run across 
the entrance ramp
to the bridge?
 
NO
but I did it en route
to a Catholic Church,
thinking that were I
to be run over,
my chances of getting 
into heaven
were significantly improved
because I was on my way
to church
 
Neither Chaplin nor Houdini
ever put a complete proof
of the Pythagorean Theorem
to rap music
 which, of course,
Paul Oliverio did
 
But his boundless 
and suspect ego
is hereby muted
Thankfully
 _______________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment