It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, November 6, 2022

About The Los Angeles Times Logo On The Previous Page

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

is conspicuously visible
on the  previous page 
in a very small image
which is a cheap and shoddy
plagiarism of
a classic Man Ray
painting
 
In no way
do I mean to imply
the Times is
cheap and shoddy
newspaper:
 
There is no newspaper
in the entire world
to which I am
more indebted than
THE LOS ANGELES TIMES
 
The paper's global reputation
for quality journalism
is well-deserved
but if it did not exist,
there would be no
Godfather of Math
trilogy
 
In 1987,
an ace reporter
from the LA Times
wrote an article about
a creative Geometry teacher
who gave a lecture
 about parallelograms
that was inspired by the film
"The Godfather"
 
Continued/completed in comment below
 _______________________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. The red paragraph is unintentionally misleading:
    it sounds like I changed a teaching contract to read
    "Godfather of Math."
    NO: I changed the creative sub-head coined by
    the LA Times.
    Every day of my life, I interact with LATimes.com
    because of my Japanese heroin addiction.
    The word "heroin" translates to Sudoku

    ReplyDelete