It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, November 18, 2022

Quoting HONORE DE BALZAC ... The Mission Of Art

________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's not the mission of art
to copy nature
but to express it
...
Artists aren't mere imitators,
they're poets.
:::

The Unknown Masterpiece
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure you are not just copying quotes from famous authors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO
      Sometimes I wish my life were that easy.

      My reading list is approximately one dozen books
      but I found this brand new skinny Balzac book
      sitting on the mantel and could not
      remember when I purchased it...

      The next thing I know...
      I am reading The Unknown Masterpiece.

      It is MUST READING for any Art student.

      I finished the title story yesterday and am now
      reading the companion story, Gambara

      Delete