It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, December 10, 2022

5 Orient Road Revisited ... Before And After

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Purchased in 1975, with windfall from
my parents' estate, this is what it 
looked like before I sold it
in January, 1981:
My nom de plume at that time
was CLOD MONET
and I always wore a beret
:::
is what the house looked like
thirty-two years
after I sold it
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. Your 1975 Impressionistic view notwithstanding,
    the house on Orient Road does not look any different
    when photographed again in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must confess that I find that stunning similarity
      quite flattering. I had moved from Rocky Point
      to Sound Beach and back to Rocky Point,
      which also sold in 1981 but had been co-owned
      by my sister, Judith.

      Before that year ended,
      I was a California resident

      Delete
  2. I am certain you have 1001 memories of your Sound Beach home.
    Would you please share one of them in this space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house on Orient Road had three bedrooms.
      In January 1975, The master bedroom was mine
      but I rented out the others to unrelated tenants
      who shared the same birthday.
      That birthday was MAY 18th,
      the same as mine.

      The three of us vowed to have
      a knock-out birthday party
      that year but by the time
      May rolled around,
      none of us were
      on speaking
      terms.

      Delete