It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Her Mother's Poem ... Translated From Italian

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ignorance I thee hail,
you're my holy grail!
Happiness is your realm so please
Let's leave studying to the Macabees!
Let's drink, dance, and avoid debate,
C'mon let's celebrate!
Now Muse inspire you must,
What is in my heart do say,
Tell me the philosopher is bust,
True love's the ignoramus's way.

***
***
 
Click  here
for
Natalia's Mother's
last words  
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Who were the Macabees?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damned if I know.
      [Translation into Oliverio-speak:]

      I took pains not to re-format this poem
      and highlighting any part of it
      would have been distracting.

      In the context of her mother's poem,
      it should be crystal clear
      that the Macabees were
      brainy Italians.

      It has been said, in early episodes of Saturday Night Live,
      that the Macabees gave birth to the Killer Bees.

      HAPPY GOOGLING and MERRY XMAS

      Delete